October 24, 2012 by Admit It!
Admit It! November 1 snuck up on you; you and us both. Hard to believe it’s that time of year again. But the calendar doesn’t lie. November 1 is just one week away which means for at least some W&M hopefuls, an application deadline is fast approaching.
So here’s what you need to know.
- The November 1 Early Decision/spring transfer deadline is a postmark deadline; materials simply need to be submitted or mailed by November 1 – they do not need to be received by that date.
- Required application materials for Early Decision applicants include: The Common Application, the W&M Supplement to the Common Application, the $70 application fee, a high school transcript, a standardized test score (either SAT or ACT) sent from the testing agency and the Common Application’s Early Decision agreement.
- Required application materials for spring transfer applicants include: The Transfer Common Application, the W&M Supplement to the Transfer Common Application, the $70 application fee, a high school transcript and all college transcripts (note: if you are in your first or second semester of college, you must also submit a standardized test score from the testing agency)
- Application components can be submitted electronically or by snail mail, all together or piecemeal. Our goal is not to make your life more difficult; it’s simply to receive a completed application. We’ll take it any way you want to send it.
- From here forward we will communicate with you via email. Check out last week’s Admit It! blog on what happens once you click submit.
- Admission decisions will be emailed by December 1 for Early Decision applicants and by December 10 for spring transfers. When we know the precise date for decision notifications we’ll post that on social media and this blog.
So go forth and apply. We look forward to doing the reading.
Wendy Livingston ’03, M.Ed. ‘09
Associate Dean of Admission