July 6, 2012 by Sam Fansler
I’m spending the summer in Williamsburg as an Admission Intern, and plan to take full advantage of everything this town has to offer:
- Make all of my fellow interns ride the front row of the Griffin (has to be the front row, or else it doesn’t count!) and the Mach Tower at the Busch Gardens amusement park
- Enjoy live music and chocolate fondue at Aroma’s coffee shop
- Karaoke every Friday night at the always-happening 415 Grill, where the bouncer, Alvis, already knows me by name…
- Canoeing on Lake Matoaka – free for students! (As long as its not deadly hot out)
- Spontaneous volleyball at the Bryan Courts
- Take advantage of every bar special the Delis have to offer for each night of the week (don’t worry, we are all 21!)
- Ghost tour… BOO!
- Spend the day at Jamestown beach and/or Virginia Beach, taking in that warm Virginia sun
- Tour and tasting at the Williamsburg Winery
- Go on a hike and/or camping in the Shenandoah River Valley
That’s about all I can think of for right now… But I’m sure I’ll keep adding to the list! Check in at the end of the summer to see how much we have completed!!